Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Will Survive-----

So our best friends here in Kansas are MOVING! They just happen to be our next door neighbors too! :( Dave just came over and dropped the big,bad bomb. PCS'ing to Fort Sill, OK!!! His orders are to report in December....that's only 2 months after my love gets home. I'm sooo sad!!! They are the nicest people I have met in a realllly long time( since Jennifer, Nicole and Randall in WA) What a sad day....but eh, that's the Army life, right? You would think that after 5 years in, I'd be a pro at this, but with every friend that moves away, the hurt just gets deeper.

When we left Washington back in 2007, it was one of the hardest things I have had to do---maybe even harder then doing a deployment alone.(and thats's saying a lot) Nicole and Randall were( and still are) out best Couple friends. Right now they are stationed in Cali but hopefully will be going to Fort Leonardwood real soon.

To be completely honest, I am a terrible best friend to Nicole now. It's not because I don't love her or because I don't want to talk to her, it's because every time I do, it HURTS wayyyy to much. It really hurts my heart that we aren't together seeing each others kids grow up( she was 4 weeks preggo when we left and now she is expecting twins!!!) We aren't having girls nights and shopping trips and rambling on about our husbands and what jerks they can be.

I'm sooo thankful to have Selena and Dave in my life. Now i have to prepare myself for yet another loss, I'm scared to death that I am going to do the same thing to Selena that I am doing to Nicole. Everything in me knows its wrong but I have no idea how to stop myself from doing it.

So, that's where I am today...being grateful for my friendship while I still have it right next door!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry girl:p I know this is going to happen to me eventually too and its going to suck! Enjoy her while it lasts:)

Aubrey Anne said...

When Jade moved away, my heart went with her. I still hurt when I think of her.. It's weird when you get to know each other so well over such a short period of time, sometimes it feels stronger than the bond between you and your friends back home! I still miss YOU all the time!!! Anyway. I'm sorry you are going to have to miss another friend. The army is so hard that way!!