Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hallo from Deutschland!

So I am trying to upload some pictures on here, but Blogger isn't letting me. I tried twice, but still not working.....BUMMER! I will keep trying though. In the meantime, here's a quick update:Mikey started school today. I have only a few minutes till I walk up and get him. His school is literally 5 minutes from my house. If I look out my living room windows, I can see the front entrance to the school! I am super happy about that!! I met his teacher this morning as well. (Mrs. Kelly) She seems super nice and seems like she will be a good teacher! Mikey also got started with school in the nick of time---his class is going on a firld trip to the Science Muesuem next Wednesday.

In Zachary news......ummm.....he got a haircut. Does that count as news?!? Not som much probably but thats all I got on him. Opps, I lie. I just remembered...he has a Child Screen tomorrow for his speech. For those of you who know him,you know that he has trouble saying his "s" and a few other letters. Well, he will be screened tomorrow( at 10 a.m my time, 4 a.m. central time) to get him into a speech class with a speech teacher 2 times a week!!! Im beyond excited that he will be able to get the help he needs, because clearly it will not fix itself on its own(like I thought and wished it would) I will post more tomorrow when we know something!

On the Hailey homefront......she has finally finally started walking. Shes made it from one end of the couch to the kitchen....probably a good 14 feet!!! She still prefers to crawl, but is defiantley making a huge effort to be up and walking around! YAY! As of last night, I am making the huge transition to the Princess sleeping in her own bed....well pack-n-play...until her crib gets here. She usually sleeps in my bed, but shes getting so big, that she hogs my pillow and space! LOL! Last night she cried for 45 minutes and fell asleep. She slept for maybe 2 hours then woke up. I let her cry for about 35 minutes( not straight crying.She would calm down and get quiet then start over again) By then it was 10:30 at night and seeing as we are not apartment living( the onlt type of housing on post) I have to be considerate of my neighbors. Well, I dont HAVE to be, but I choose to be! LOL.

Anyone go through this with their kid/kiddos? Any advice or tips???

My hubs leaves for the field tomorrow and he will be gone one month! Im nervous because we have no car or Drivers liscense yet, so we are going to have to walk taxi or bus everywhere...oh well. No harm in the extra exercise I suppose.

April 23rd my mom and kids and myself will be headed on an MWR tour to Mainz!!!!! I am sooooo super excited and cannot wait to share all of my explorations (and pictures)with you all!

Hope you are all having a great week!

aufWiedersehen! ( Goodbye)

No comments: