Monday, June 1, 2009

A Re-Decorated Room

So I totally changed the color scheme in our living room.Got new couches, throw pillows, candles, curtains, blah blah blah.I LOVE it! It's so warm feeling which will be amazing for fall. Right now I feel like it has a romantic feeling to it. That's unfortunate seeing that my love is a gazillion miles away----that's OK though because June 28th marks the 100 days left point! Our time apart is growing to a close!! Yipee!! Anyways, here's some pictures of the new room----
LOVE this fake flower arrangement.It ties in perfectly with the colors in the pillows.....
I'm a self-proclaimed candle addict so when I saw that these are the same.exact.color as my sheer curtains, well, you know, I had to get them. It would have been a crime not to! :)


Wall collage...yay or nay?
Here's the pillows I was talking about.....and you can see the texture in the new couches very well!

What do you think??(be honest) I need to get a new rug, but will wait till next paycheck since I spent quite a bit *cough cough* two hundred bucks * cough cough* this check! Have a great Monday and I will catch up with you all tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by! :)

8 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I think it looks great. It's amazing how drapes can really make a room isnt it? I love the shade of red you picked out.

Esther said...

It's wonderful! And a big YAYAYAYAY on the photo collage. Great job!

Unknown said...

NO I agree, I love it! I've always been a fan of deep and rich colors especially reds with browns...Love your hardwood flooring too! It looks wonderful girl...You did a fab job! High five:p

NUGHT said...

so do you want me to pat you on the back or be my honest asshole self....

PAT ON THE BACK.... it looks great.... its clean and shiny... i like the reds.... and i like pictures....

ASSHOLE TIME.... i dont like the white throw blanket on the left side of the first pic... i dont like how the picture collage is kinda ramdomly put up there.... i know it was intentional... i just like organized and uniform... the different sizes and and places you put them throws me off... i would prefer a same size picture lined up somehow kinda look... and lastly i really hate the striped pillows.... they dont even look comfortable to me... lol... it looks ugly to me...

other then that i think its great... ive always been brutally honest with you about things like this so i dont think this time should be an exception... but in the end... im not going to decorate the house, so what ever you like is what we will keep... i wouldnt have it any other way... i can adjust to almost anything...

you know i love you baby and you know that if you want it this way it will stay this way... im just extending my honest opinion since you asked.... hugs and kisses...

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

i dont expect anything less then the truth from u love! LOL. the pillows are actually really comfy they are suede like the one you took to iraq with you......and tough ta-lookas about the collage. i like it . i think your great for letting me have free reign over the house. i know u will adjust but i want to have your input too. is it the positioning of the blanket? the color? what? i dont want you to adjust i want you to feel comfortable. whats your suggestions???

NUGHT said...

lol... the blanket looks sloppy in a otherwise neat room... fold it maybe or try somthing like that... everything else looks like it has a place... that looks like it was just thrown there... it just doesnt seem to fit the theme of the room... nice, neat, clean...

Anonymous said...

Luvin the colors :)

Aubrey Anne said...

Wow, hun, I love it!!!! It reminds me so much of my living room when I lived on post in Kansas that I'm getting a little sad! (only a little, though! lol! I'd still rather be home!) I love it, I think it looks great!!