Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Passion Turning A Career??

So anyone who knows me also knows that I LOVE LOVE LOVE taking pictures of my family. It's a bit ridiculous , really. I have more pictures then I could ever use. But I still keep taking them. For the longest time I have wanted to be a marriage and family therapist. However, being a military spouse would make it almost impossible to be certified in one state and can you imagine how many times I would have to be re-certified??? That's a joke. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out something I could do that I am passionate about......
Well, this is where photography comes in. Duh! Being in the military affords me an amazing opportunity to capture a "secret" world around me----homecomings,military balls, and on and on.Things that not many people get to see. I could start off by doing sessions for friends and see where that goes. I have to get a professional camera and Photoshop(I know, I know...crazy expensive, but a necessary tool for the professional) I'm going to go to the library today with the kids and see if I can find any great books on how to begin a career. I will eventually take some classes, but I want to wait till I get the camera and editing software. This will take a few years to actually get in the game where I can start "marketing" my services.

My question to you all is this:

  • Do any of you out there have an amazing camera( hint hint Kerri@ Married to the Military ;) ) that takes super quality, crisp, clear pictures? I'm trying to go off of user experience rather then just go to a store and say hey, whats good!

So I hope you all have a great Tuesday. Its raining and thundering here and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Great day to bake....and that's exactly what I am going to do! What are you all up to today???



No comments: