Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To Worry or Not to Worry? That is the Question.

So we just got back from Zachary's CT scan. They scanned him twice and then said that was it. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The tech said I will get a call in about 2-3 days with the results.

I'm unfamiliar with how this all works. I was under the impression that I would find out then and there the results. Zach's Dr. told me that if they let us go home then that means that he probably didn't see anything. If they found something they would NOT let us leave. My mom says that although the tech CAN see if something is wrong, he is not allowed, by law, to tell the result.

Does anyone know how this works? What is your feelings on whats going on with him?

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

I wish I'd read this earlier! When I had my CT and my MRI, the situation was different each time. The first CT scan I got was in the ER, and the doctor told me before I left what she'd seen on my scan. Then when I had my MRI, I had to wait 2 weeks for a result! I think it totally depends. The tech, though, can't give results, that's always true.